Last Update: 6/5/2023
1. Be kind, courteous and supportive to all. Pickleball is a
2. No unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the court if you exhibit repeated offensive or unsafe behavior such as using profanity, making obscene gestures or throwing paddles or equipment.
3. Be generous with line calls….when unclear the call should benefit your opponent.
4. Call “ball” when balls leave your court to alert affected
players and maintain their safety.
5. Kindly return an errant ball directly to an alert player on the
court from whence it came.
6. Do not cross a court when it is in play. Wait until the point
ends then ask for permission to cross. Here's an article that
explains this well.
7. Place cracked balls in containers marked broken balls.
8. If you “tag” your opponent it’s good practice to raise your
hand, apologize and make sure they are ok.
9. Offer to help set-up and take down nets.
10. Display good sportsmanship. At the end of your game
tap paddles in congratulatory fashion.
Santa Cruz Pickleball Club
Rules of Etiquette